Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A banner idea



Sometimes I just can't fit a sentiment on a card, and instead of trying to squish one on, it often goes without.

Kristina Werner shared how she makes a little sentiment banner here. You can do it with any clear stamp which can be curved before it's stamped.

Trim out the sentiment, and curl the paper so it looks like a real banner. Attach it to your card with pop dots....done! Just a novel way to put a sentiment on your card.

Stamps: Pure Innocence digital image, Hero Arts sentiment
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink, Hero Arts notecard
Ink: Distress ink, Staz On black
Other: Copic markers, Nestabilities, twine, puffy sticker, pop dots



I may or may not enter this in TESC 97. I really stink at sketch challenges, but I love Taylor's sketches. They're simple and not intimidating for someone who keeps reaching for her Nesties to make a card. I think I have a few more days to decide...more like 48 hours.


Stamps: Pure Innocence digital image
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink
Paper: Cosmo Cricket Nutmeg
Other: Copic markers, Nestabilities blossom, twine, pop dots

18 comments:

  1. Perfect little idea with the banner! Love it! I am the same way, always never worry about the sentiment untile the last minute and then wonder where it will go!! Love your adorable cards, isn't that mailbox just the best??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are just DARLING....you do them so WELL!!! I need to go get me some more of those Images....been coloring away here with what you sent me and LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are totally adorable! I suffer with the sentiment placement too. Love these images and you've colored them so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna, these are wonderful - love them both! I was rather taken with the banner idea too. It looks so sweet on your card. Gorgeous cards, with the most amazing colouring! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are soooo CUTE- definitely need to look into the Pure Innocence images!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey GF,
    These are so pretty! Love the way you did the sentiment, thanks for sharing the idea. I just love those adorable images, they are so sweet & innocent.
    Aloha & Hugs,
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna I so love your PI cards, each and every one you made. These 2 are so cute and beautifully colored. And, of course you should enter TESC--you rocked that sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love these sweet cards Donna. You colour sooooooooooooo amazingly well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. adorable cards donna! your coloring is always just fabulous! i am so intimidated by copics that i haven't even tried them out yet...but you are definitely tempting me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the look of the banner, Donna! What a cool idea!
    And I think you should definitely enter your card into the TESC challenge, she's so cute and deserves her time to shine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Donna!
    Cute, cute, cute! Luv these images!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love both cards!!!! Yes you should enter! 100% yes!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Donna, I love both of these! You do such awesome things with these images!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love both cards! Your banner is perfect and the second card is fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  15. love love love your cards, Donna!! too cute! love the banner and your take on Taylor's sketch!! your coloring is soooooo yummy! =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Donna! These are totally adorable, I love both of them! Of course you should enter the TESC challenge, please do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love that banner idea, I saw it on Kristina's blog but you really make it work... Love your second card...hope you did enter it...it is very good. BTW - am off to buy that image now!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The banner is awesome and I always forget about using that. Great inspiration. The TESC challenge is a yes! Your cards always are fantastic! Love the little girl at the mailbox, she is just too sweet!

    ReplyDelete