Saturday, September 5, 2009

It WILL be a Labor Day weekend!

My sweet hubby was intent on getting me a desk to do my crafting on. Something practical with drawers and cabinets and even if I won't be actually crafting on it, I think he just wants me to move out of the den and have it be a den again. Subtle hint. So we went to Office Max and we settled on this:


He was really determined to get it and even got me a new chair that can be raised to the highest level because I'm so un-tall. Can you see me using this?

Scheduled delivery is on Tuesday so I've been cleaning up and trying to organize and decide what exactly is going into the drawers and it's not going well. I'm getting distracted by things-I-put-away-and-forgot-that-I-have ("Oh! Here's my Ali Edwards word stamps!") and I'm trying to toss some things and then rescue them from the wastebasket 5 minutes later.

So, Happy Labor Day to all and think about me laboring this weekend! I'll probably be dripping with sweat as I go from clutter to clean in just 3 days. I hope.

14 comments:

  1. oooh! that's a NICE desk, donna! :D what a sweet hubby... have fun "movin' in!"

    (ps - "un-tall"... hee! so cute. :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very nice desk!! O I wish I could help you organize everything....LOL, I am OCD when it comes to that! That is one fine looking craft area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna that is one very nice desk :). I'm sure once you get organised everything will be wonderful. I know exactly what you are going through as I've just done a clean up/out of sorts as well. Good luck with it all from one vertically challenged person to another ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice desk! My DH has threatened to evict me from the office because I'm slowly taking over his half!

    Send me your "trash". : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the storage spaces on top of the table! they are going to be handy for all the everyday must-have items!! this is such a sweet gift and hope you'll be making lots of master pieces with his help!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Un-tall is a great word!! Have fun arranging your new craft space... I am jealous, it would be great to become organized!

    Hugs,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Donna, I am so happy to find out that you have a blog! I will add you to my list :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW - that looks FANTASTIC. Look at all that space. You lucky thing. And good luck putting it together... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Donna! Sounds like you've got yourself quite the project! Good luck! And stop by my blog when you get a chance ... I've nominated you for an award! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Donna, that desk looks great please take a photo once you've decorated it with all your craft items :). I am the same, I forget I have something if I put it away.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a Sweet Hubby...now lets see if you stamp at it or move about the house like I do...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great desk, Donna!! Sweet hubby!! Have fun and enjoy the process!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, what a comprehensive desk for crafting. What a fortunate hubby!

    ReplyDelete