Monday, December 13, 2010

Naughty or nice?


Challenge #31 at Tiddly Inks is to create a card inspired by a Christmas song. This image reminded me of "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" where Santa is "making a list, checking it twice; gonna find out who's naughty or nice".  



After coloring the image, I cut it out using the oval Nestabilities and tried to do the "out of the frame" method, to make her list appear as if it's coming out of the Nestie shape.





Alice made it look so simple here, and Rach's tutorial is so clear and concise. I just need a LOT more practice! I ended up printing out another list and pasting one over the other. The background was in my scraps bag--something that I stamped up last year!

* * *

And this note is for Tabitha, who won Tiffany Doodles' "Singing Birds" digi from my recent giveaway. Can you please email me so I can send you the digi? I couldn't find a link to your email address on your blog. Thanks! Hope to hear from you soon!

Stamps: Tiddly Inks, Greeting Farm sentiment, My Sentiments Exactly
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink, Gina K
Ink: Versafine, Papertrey Ink
Other: Copics, Nestabilities, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Stickles, ribbon

30 comments:

  1. Love that red patterned paper and the image is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so charming, Donna! I love that sweet image!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I vote that this is very, very nice...:)
    Gorgeous as always!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is super duper cute! Love that scrolling list tapering off of the nestie, fabulous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. she turned out so cute donna and i love the nestie shaped card too. thankyou for playing along with us over on tiddly inks this week. hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Donna. This is just so adorable! I love how you have colored her. I enlarged your picture and I am sorry, but I still can not tell that you did make just one cut to get that list out of the frame. Very, very cute! I wish I had this digi. I will have to wait until after Christmas, but there is always next year... Anyway I just wanted to tell you that your card is just wonderful. Hugs, Lisa G

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute!!! I love the background paper and this stamp. Great design

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable card Donna! Sweet image and fabulous coloring! thanks for the links to the toots...i need lots of practice too! have a great week! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very pretty! Love the red and of course this fabulous Tiddly Ink image!!! Love seeing your creations!
    Thanks for joining us again this week!
    Hugs
    M

    ReplyDelete
  10. o fcourse, I see them both...but you mad eit so lively..love it..love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super sweet card Donna, love the cute li'l girl and your stamped background is perfect...don't you just love your scrap bag! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Donna - what a cute card. I too have trouble doing off the edge images despite viewing numerous tutorials!!!! Yours looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  13. really like that pretty card base and love the idea of the page extending out of the frame! superb card, Donna! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. She is so cute Donna.....love this adorable card! Hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  15. FUN and CUTE - Adorable image Donna !

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just love your card, Donna! Always so lovely and perfect in every way! You ROCK, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. She is so adorable, I think you did a perfect out-of-the-frame card Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Adorable! You always make the cutest cards! Love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. wonderful card! love this image and how you made it out of the box even though you had to cut out another piece =) such a sweet card! hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this card. She is lovely. Thanks for sharing. I did email you also. Sorry about that.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Adorable! So sweet and love the rich background as it really highlights your beautiful image!

    ReplyDelete
  22. love the list spilling over.....looks like brandon's list!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. this card is so so cute Donna... love the Reds...

    ReplyDelete
  24. this card is so cute Donna... love the Reds...

    ReplyDelete
  25. And this is just as adorable in person as it is in the photo. :)
    Thanks so much for sending it to me!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete