Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Love Day!

Happy Monday and Happy Valentine's Day! Do you have any fabulous plans? I'd love to hear!


Just sharing one more Valentine using a stamp from Penny Black called Hedgehog Kisses. My friend Ashley, formerly on the Penny Black design team, shared a coloring technique using distress inks and daubers.

I don't own any daubers and my LSS was out of them, so I used what I had--my ink blending tools and Fantastix for the cheeks and feet blush. The hedgies were colored with Antique Linen and Walnut Stain, Fired Brick for the balloons, and I used some make up blush for the cheeks and feet.

The background was stamped with Hero Arts' Large Canvas Stripes, and the ticket is from Purple Onion Designs. The "xoxo" is also by Hero Arts.

I loved using this technique--thanks, Ashley! It made for quick coloring and gave my Copics a little break.

Hope you all have a love-ly Valentine's Day! XOXO to you for stopping by today...

Stamps: Penny Black, Hero Arts, Purple Onion Designs
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink, Paper Accents kraft
Ink: Memento, Papertrey Ink, Ranger Distress inks
Other: Ribbon, pop dots, twine, Signo pigment pen

25 comments:

  1. Donna, Soooooo cute. Love it.

    No plans .. have little guy home from school with chest infection. Poor fella is really feeling off... so trying to "mind" him today.

    Have a great day, Hugs, Deirdre

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet, Donna! Happy Valentine's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending love to you Donna. I love your take on the coloring technique. Cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely cute card!!! Happy "love" day Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This turned out so cute, Donna! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awe...so sweet! love those two little hedgies! this card came out so cute! I have no plans today but I like it that way. have a wonderful Valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww, cute little hedgehogs! have a great valentine's, donna!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Donna, this is sooo sweet. This kissing hedgehog is one of my favorite from PB. Have a very happy V-day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Valentine's Day, Donna!! I hope you are going on a date with your hubby! Your card is so stinking cute, the coloring is perfect, got to try the technique! Sending you big Valentine hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How sweet - love how you coloured those cute hedgies! I cooked an extra special meal tonight as a thank you for the lovely flowers and sweet card from my hubby! Have a good day, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome Donna! I love how your coloring turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute card Donna, Happy Valentines Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. pure sweetness, Donna! so very cute. really love how you colored the little hedges. Happy Love Day to you, too! we are not going out for dinner until Thursday or so just to avoid the crowd. =) hope you have a fabulous one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How cute is this??!! Lvoe it, Donna! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I absolutely {heart heart heart} this, Donna! Soooo adorable and love your coloring! Happy Valentine's, have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awww, these two are so sweet and I love how you've colored them...they look perfect! Love your design and the shiney balloons are too cool!
    Happy Valentine's Day, Donna! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Valentine's Day Donna!! I love these two cuties and love that you used a different medium to color them with. Super cute!!! TFS!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  18. you are so resourceful!

    happy valentines day donna!! cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Adorable Donna.... love Ashley's idea for colouring the hedgies... must try it next time.

    ReplyDelete
  20. SOOO stinkin cute! Adorable hedgies and the striped background is perfect! Happy V day to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Love Day!
    Adorable card! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So beautiful card,
    love the colours, the red is so effective;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is SUUUPER SWEET, Donna! You are making me want those canvas stripes. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Way too cute....I absolutely adore this card, Donna!
    hugs and blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  25. Too, too sweet! They are sooo in love! I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's day Donna!

    ReplyDelete