Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Gold Tipped Feather Tutorial


I've received many comments and emails about the gold tipped feather on this card
so I thought I'd share the steps on how you can make them, too.
I was going to do a video but I don't like the sound of my voice,
so hopefully, these photos will do.


After die cutting the feather, tap Versamark ink on the tip.
 Generously on the very tip and lightly as you go further down. 
Run the pad along the edge of the feather's tip, too.


Sprinkle on the embossing powder quite heavily.


Using your fingers, sprinkle some powder lightly below the feather's tip.

Heat emboss and it's done.


As you can see, no two feathers are exactly alike.
Repeat the process, if you like, which will give a thicker embossing.


Pretty soon you'll be gold embossing everything in sight--it's quite addictive!

Lastly, my thanks to CASology (and Tracey!) for choosing my card
as last week's GOLD winner. All that gold embossing paid off!



8 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your process, Donna! I had a strong suspicion that your beautiful card would be the winner! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those feathers Donna! Sooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tutorial! And congrats on winning with that gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool! I love these feathers! TFS the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sooooo going to do this...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man, that was certainly one smokin' hot card, Donna!! Great tip about spreading some of the powder around with your finger to avoid the hard lines. Just wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. amazing, amazing, amazing! especially on the teal leaf, holy cow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for sharing this with us...such a beautiful effect!

    ReplyDelete