Thursday, August 14, 2014

CAS(E) this Sketch 88

(Note: For the CASE Study Blog Hop, scroll down or click here. Thank you!)


CAS(E) this Sketch 88 is a little ditty by........me! Here it is.


And here's my take on it.

 
I can't believe that I had such a hard time with a sketch that I designed.
I had much simpler visions when I first dreamed up the sketch.
Maybe it looked too much like a card I'd already done.

I grabbed Altenew's Hennah Elements and gold embossed the flowers and leaves
and colored them in with watercolors. The sentiment is also by Altenew.

Visit CAS(E) this Sketch to see how my teammates interpreted the sketch
and join us if you can. Link up your card(s) by Thursday, August 21st.

Thanks for stopping by today!



35 comments:

  1. The gold embossing really works! The flowers are just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors on this card! I use gold as an accent color on all my projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the gold embossing and gorgeous coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the flowers embossed in gold - such a nice change from white embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to play!!! Love this sketch, Donna
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous sketch and I love your card, Donna! The colors are so vibrant, and your gold embossing adds such an elegant touch! I am definitely going to try to play along this week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so pretty, Donna. The gold looks so rich. Beautiful watercoloring as always.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Donna,

    Another beautiful and now I cannot wait to try that technique.
    I do love the mix gold embossing and watercoloring!
    You make it look so easy ;)
    Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the gold-embossed flowers! Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the gold embossing and the rich beautiful colors~ Very pretty~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the flowers and the colors are yummy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Quite beautiful. Those bright flowers surrounded by the gold embossing against the white is striking. Wonderful card! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gold embossing with the bold colors, looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The watercoloring looks so cool with gold embossing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Donna, this is GORGEOUS! You wouldn't believe how close I was to using this set this week! We would have been twins AGAIN. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your sketch Donna and love how you've design this card. It is a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Chuckled to read you struggled with your own sketch :) Love those vibrant colours with the gold embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely gorgeous Donna!! The gold embossing is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is a fantastic card Donna. Love the colors with the gold!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful card, Donna!
    I love the pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The gold embossing makes such a striking contrast against the watercolor! Beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete