Monday, July 29, 2013

Beat the Heat with Penny Black


I'm joining the Beat the Heat challenge over at Penny Black using some goodies
that I won last month just for leaving a comment!

I chose Life's Messages, a cling set with some awesome "words to live by"
and a new flower die called Bashful. And here's my card.
 

I chose one set of messages and white embossed it on a notebook die,
then ink distressed it in ombré fashion and water spritzed it.

The flower was cut from two colors of card stock and ink distressed.
Some white dots were added for a bit of texture and everything was adhered
to a woodgrain embossed card.

Thanks, always, for stopping by!


20 comments:

  1. I always love woodgrain texture in backgrounds. Love this one. I always adore your cards Donna. Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lovely bright colors stand so beautifully on woodgrain bg ! Lovely card and Congrats for your win at CASology !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful summery colors, Donna, and they pop all the more against that kraft! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I love the sentiment and the ombre blending on that and the flower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Had to order both items!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sponged flower is gorgeous! Love these colors together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. STUNNING! Such gorgeous bright colors that really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one beautiful card, Donna! I love the bright, happy colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love love this, Donna! The colors are so striking!I adore the gradient of pink! You've got the MAGIC touch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such beautiful splashes of color!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is just gorgeous Donna. The sentiment stamp set is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really love your CAS style Donna! You have a way with color that is very striking! Great card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the juicy tropical colours on this card, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful card! I LOVE the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, what a stunner!! Great techniques on both the flower AND the sentiment panel! Love it, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so you and so fantastic, Donna! Congratulations on the HM honor from PB!!

    ReplyDelete